Creating a launch pad with the right people, 100% compliance, and a seamless sales channel for a global homoeopathy company to launch its new product smoothly in India.
With 1000+ brands in 80+ countries, this global research-driven homoeopathy company discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets homoeopathic medicines for doctors to address unmet medical needs.
The client was looking for a partner to manage the sales of some of their low-involvement products in predefined market segments through a contractual sales force reporting to 63 Territory Business Managers (TBM). They needed a reliable vendor who could carry their sales targets and maintain their brand image in the market while they focus on high-value engagements and product launches.
Following were the key challenges:
- Launching a new product in India in Tier 1 cities.
- Sourcing and retaining good talent.
- Managing compliance.
- Pre-existing unethical practices.
- Agile and flexible workforce.
- Lack of ownership and accountability.
- Performance management.
- Designed a highly scalable sales engine with a blend of contractual sales staff and technology.
- Crafted a performance matrix to measure daily, weekly, and monthly sales achievement.
- Introduced a reward and recognition programme.
- Assessed project momentum through performance reviews and reports.
- Maintained transparency in all communication channels to build trust and establish rapport between ManpowerGroup and the client.
- Mobilized an experienced and agile sales force to enhance brand experience.
- A systematic reporting mechanism ensured complete focus on quantitative and qualitative sales numbers.
- Critical examination of the process prevented revenue leakage.
- Eliminated unethical practices in the system.
- Integrated crucial sales survey tools into the sales engine for superior insights.
- Established a unique channel strategy, creating a porous network for distribution.
- Penetrated major Indian markets in consultation with expert physicians.
- Revolutionised business processes, resulting in an increased net turnover. (July 2017 - June 2018.)
- Accelerated business expansion plans to incorporate more markets in the coming year.